Friday, August 14, 2015

"Money Enough"

41/2"x8", satin, tea stained cotton, machine and hand stitching, narrow rope trim, coins from an old pair of earrings, sepia ink for distressing.

This piece had many beginnings in composition as well as materials but invariably this work evolved into choices that changed outcome from beginning starts. Patterned after Moroccan neck purses this piece represents the need for protection and money attraction. It is one of my ongoing prayers and a protective amulet is always welcome.Trying for universal and personal is an amulet makers challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I love this piece! What a great series. Your small stitched pieces are very inspiring. I have all this fabric, all these threads, all these tsotchkes...Thanks for your email, I'll reply soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What is amazing to me about my supplies is that they are growing...I haven't been to the store but I'm finding forgotten this and that...larger fabric is now in many pieces and more tsotchkes are arriving from my jewelry box...strange magic here!

      Delete
  2. this is wonderful, with the coins and the stitching! I love the idea of amulets, and have always wanted to make some, but had no idea how to start. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharmon, I've been fascinated with amulets too...bought a book Amulets by Sheila Paine and realized I have already been making them... might be some collective memory !

      Delete

reply