Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Last of the Awards


This is so pretty...San from A life with a View offered it to me...thank you San, I have so appreciated your straight forward comments on my art. One thing I need to mention from the last post on this subject of awards: "NO OBLIGATION", truly. I see it as a way to introduce new and interesting blogs but if it isn't your thing or the technical stuff is time consuming...forget about it! With that said, this award is my gift to you, yes you ,who has stopped by to visit me...it's yours if you would like!
On the subject of receiving, my friend Deena, gave me such a fun and wonderful gift...a square punch!! It is large and punches out a 1 1/4" square and I can tell you I have been busy....I've punched squares out of everything around the studio...what a kick. She gave it to me as I've been involved lately in squares within squares as an important motif in the new work. Aren't friends great!! Now I've been to the art supply for a little something for her but I can't tell...she reads the blog!

6 comments:

  1. A square punch? Well I never. I think I will look for one too. What would we do without friends hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann - another award - congratulations - well deserved - I love the idea of a square punch and I agree with Robyn - friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the square punch. Squares are so hard to cut out with a knife. Thanks for passing on the awd. Namaste, Suki

    ReplyDelete
  4. This award really suits you, Mary Ann.

    And the square punch sounds great--I don't believe Santa could have done better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. San, Some people are just great gift givers...they keep their antenna up and then when the moment arrives, they blow your mind with a really great gift. I have learned many lessons in receiving from Deena. Once she gave me for my birthday an organic chef for the day!! The chef found out what I liked, created a shopping list and recipes, we went shopping together and then spent the afternoon cooking together...it was such a fun treat and I gained some very interesting information on organic and healthier eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn, Jeane and Suki, I am square punch punchy! Such fun to try out a new tool!

    ReplyDelete

reply