Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Glogg and Guacamole - Happy New Year


This year has been quite a ride! I don't see time as linear but rather as a circle or wheel...around, up,down, slow or fast...a journey until a full circle is complete and that brings us to tonight! I'm optimistic, we have a new president and I believe new hope! We are truly a planet of one people!!
This blog has been a great experience for me and I want to thank everyone who has stopped by and those who have left comments...it has meant so much to me and I feel as if I have made the best of blog friends. My hope is that this continues and develops in wonderful ways!
Pablo and I will have a quiet night. I'll make a nice dinner (poached salmon) and for our Time's Square viewing, I'll serve this Swedish Glogg (apple juice, cherry juice and spices) warmed with a splash of wine and some chips and guacamole. You will all be in my best wishes for the next year! Happy New Year and Blessings! Mary Ann

13 comments:

  1. May the chakra wheel of life spin at the most beneficial speed for your continued creativity and health in the year ahead. Enjoy your quiet New Year celebration, Mary Ann, and many blessings to all of your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to You, Mary Ann! I have to say I agree with you about being filled with so much hope for 2009...in so many ways (including our new president - who will be moving here this weekend). May 2009 bring you all you strive to be!

    I join you in the lovely Glogg (warming and delightful) and the Guacamole and Chips...a stunning choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely evening planned. I enjoy your circular view of life and our cycles. Like you, I feel optomistic about our changes, and our new president. I am so pleased to have you, your readers, your blog, and your thoughts in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is a great resting place for me. Happy New Year Mary Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Mary Ann! Hope you and Pablo had a lovely evening together. I have so enjoyed following your blog and feel I have connected with a kindred spirit. Looking forward to many more of your lovely postings in 2009.
    Love Dianne x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. let the games begin, Mary Ann - 2009 is upon us and all we have to do is step in! - happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiest of New Years to you, Blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. best wishes to you too Blue Sky. I hope your evening was peaceful and lovely. Sounds delicious. May 2009 be a good year as it spins its circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on your 2008 blogging journey! best wishes for hope, peace, love and joy in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoyed the G & G!

    I raise a cup of kindness to you and yours, dear bloggy friend. Happy New Year!

    Willow x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you who thinks in circles as I myself do also. We are not friends of late but maybe spirits passed and moving forward now on the same circular path. Greetings to you as we journey near. C.S. Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late to this party - Happy New Year! We had a quiet one as well - we rang in the new year with the NY time schedule and then hit the sack. :-) 2009 for me is about being fruitful and not just busy(God never called us to be busy). This will require some pruning of ME! Also healthy intentions toward my physical being - clean eating and good rigorous regular exercise.
    Be well an thanks for the creativity and wisdom of your blog - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

reply