Thursday, October 30, 2008

Open Studio Acquistition!

"Synchronicity" by Florie ...canvas measures 6"x6" acrylic. Florie is inspired by petraglyphs (sp) and has visited cave sites here and in Mexico. She teaches ESL in the evenings and paints as often as possible. Participating in Open Studio was a very big deal and it was my pleasure to visit and to buy one of her pieces. I've known Florie for years, we go to meditation together, we had a show together at a local gallery with another friend Deena entitled Sacred Vows, Sacred Visions. When we can manage it, we meet for a coffee date and time just flies!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love the colors and movement. Simple, yet deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love petroglyphs and remember seeing some when in New Mexico. This is a lovely painting. So nice to have work by ones friends. Sounds like you have a great group of friends there. So important for a sense of community and belonging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Florie is inspired by petraglyphs. Now see - I would have never thought of that. I am so impressed with the creativity that abounds. Really cool that you support other artists. I think I met Florie - neat lady. Don't you just love those chats with friends that seem to hold the world still - for a time.
    Happy Halloween! p.s. I'm wearing my own creation today - pumpkin orange crocheted scarf with ornamental popcorn stitches scattered on the ten inches or so on each end. Black long sleeve T, too.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willow, Yes, this small 6"x6" canvas has a load of strengh...it owns it's own space on the wall!

    Suki, Isn't her pony wonderful! I admire her as an artist and friend...who needs to work well into retirement and yet finding time and energy for her creative work. I'm blessed to know her.

    Karen, I bet you look beautifully spooky...picture please! Yes, you met Florie at the shower and the wedding...she created the guest book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors - it's a lovely piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. A magical acquisition from a friend who sounds like quite a treasure herself. Florie's colors in "Synchronicity" are vivid and compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posting of my painting and your writing made my heart sing and brought tears to my eyes. The tears were about all the ways you enrich my life. I am happy to know that others are enjoying my work as well.

    ReplyDelete

reply