Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Time in Four Parts IV

This is my fourth in a series on time. I've been examining time in my art for years but officially this is my four. "Tower of Song" by L. Cohen rings for me on this piece. We have a clock tower downtown and everything important happens there...New Year's Eve, war protests...etc. I've enjoyed clocks on buildings even when they are running slow or fast or not at all. A reminder
of time to the community. All four pieces have an orange material collaged in each one...I made it by painting layers of acrylic on Plexiglas and then peeling it away. I have these pieces hung in a long row on a wall and see them as dark dreamlike thoughts of time (memory?).
On a personal note - I've been going to rehab and using the gym. I can't believe how sore I am from using the treadmill.
August is usually sunny but lately the fog burns off late and returns after just a few hours...drives the tourists crazy!
Tonight, is my Project Runway, I'll juggle it with the Olympics and then soon the political conventions. I remember playing outside in the evening on the lawn while my aunt and uncle were glued to the TV watching the convention...so long ago!

4 comments:

  1. Hello -
    Tick tock, the mouse ran up the ...
    These are all different and yet they do make a great set. The orange is subtle but unifying and I notice that you again have some amazing blues in this series. The color seems so important in how a person receives art. It must play an even bigger role for the artist in the creative process.
    Great work!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Although several decades apart...we share many time issues! I'm so glad you like the series!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the time series. thank you for a glimpse at your small journeys, and thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband makes art clocks and you're right--time is a resonant theme to which people respond.

    This piece is beautiful! "Dark dreamlike thoughts of time (memory?)" Those words are beautiful too. And yes, resonant.

    ReplyDelete

reply