Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Time in Four Parts II

A blue heart with a clock...I never thought I'd paint a heart but I surprised myself on this one. In reviewing my writing, it seems I was focused on relationships of the heart and the ongoing ticking of allotted time in matters of the heart. With this one, I painted fast and with my eyes almost closed...never easy dealing with the heart. Mostly acrylic and some collage.

Confession: I watch "Project Runway" on Bravo, Wednesday nights. I'm not all that interested in the contestants or the emotional flare-ups. What fascinates me are the challenges and the burst of creative resolution...not always successful but I so enjoy the effort. Lately I've been getting ready to begin new work and a personal challenge is what I need. Also some boundaries and a timetable. These lazy summer days have my mind and heart buzzing on what's next!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely painting. Well dont the bhuddists say that one must have an empty bowl for the water to flow into it or something like that. Summer, such a wonderful time to be "lazy" and let ideas and images simmer inside ready to burst forth when they will. You do like blue, eh? A soft color, the throat chakra. Be well, suki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Are you very consious of time - time spent, time passing, time left? I have waves of interest in this, feeling invincible some days and racing to fit everything in on others.
    I think you are right on the money with Project Runway - love it! I must say I have not caught it yet this new season - need to find the time (there you go - back to that!)
    -karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suki, When I was recovering from an illness, a friend (Bhuddist)suggested I fill a bowl with water and at the end of the day toss it away...a ritual for letting in and letting go...it had a wonderful healing effect for me. Is that the ritual you were describing?
    Yes, I do like blue, ultramarine and phthalo are my favorites!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    This year Project Runway seems to have a better mix of people who are more inovative...try to catch it on Wednesday evenings.
    Time is a BIG issue for me...these four pieces have been an important way for me to deal with passing time...maybe it's a getting older thing?
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete

reply