Thursday, June 19, 2008

one moment please.....

The photo lab has been slow on completing the copies of my most recent work so I thought I'd share my workspace. The best money spent was on installing a sun tunnel...it lights up my work area with lovely light. To the left is a rolling cart with brushes and supplies as well as a large easel. The studio is in the center of the house with bedrooms and bathrooms on one side and kitchen, living room and dining room on the other side of the house. The floor is a Pergo laminate and I have interlocking rubber type mat at the work table. On the left is an old
offset press which I use for monotypes. The rest of the shelves are packed with supplies, supplies. In the corner is a mobile I made out of Cd's which are covered on both sides with a variety of photographed fish eyes and collaged papers...my way of having an aquarium. Right now the studio needs a good cleaning because I really can't find any space on the table to start work.

7 comments:

  1. Well, our home didn't make Sunset Magazine yet, but it's exciting to see your studio up on the blog for all the world to see. Whenever I walk to the front of the house (toward the living room, dining room, or kitchen), or back to the bedrooms, I go right past the studio, a constant reminder to me of the creative woman I married and what a sacred place she's made for herself. God bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your studio's the heart of the house--how lovely! Just read the comment from Pablo. Sounds like the man is definitely a keeper.

    Your workspace is well-appointed and light-filled. And I do enjoy your "aquarium." Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so great to have this place in the center of your home. Being an artist is such a central part of who you are and a proper workspace would not be an annex. I also love the sisterhood of artists you are connecting with through this blog (present company excluded). Just call me an interested party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew about light wells. It is something to store in my mind for the future. I find light a source of power and energy. The more that you can surround yourself with this wonderful gift, the better life is!!! Your room is fascinating - I would love to check it out and open drawers and cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. San,Thank you. Yes, Pablo is a keeper. We will be married two years this Nov. I was a widow when I was 48 and never believed I would love again...life is good!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I love when you visit me here...I beg to differ on the matter of your creativity, after all we clearly share DNA! Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, Oh yes, the magical cupboards and baskets full of pricless odds, ends, junk and treasures.I'm a nut for small pieces of fabric! What is in your storage cabinets? Such fun to collect! Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete

reply