Monday, June 30, 2008

Evening prayers

This is the last piece using machine stitching collage, silver leaf, stones, wire and acrylic. I will always come back to the subject of the human and divine connection but not in this way with these materials. I'll come back later to this process when it feels I might have more to develop, otherwise to continue would feel like manufacturing rather than fresh in my hands and heart. There are 9 pieces in the set, each measuring 4"x4" and they can be hung in a variety of ways. The silver leaf is left shiny and two pieces have angel images. The printing is copy of code used in the Cosmic Call to nearby stars.
What's next? I've looked over my notes, poetry, folders of saved papers and I've signed up to be a client in a creative coaching program by Eric Maisel. The coach I've been assigned, lives in Missouri and so far we have sent email introductions. We will conduct our coaching client relationship via email for the next several weeks. The new coach will get the benefit of hands on experience coaching a working artist and I, working artist, hope to reap the rewards of support and direction for my next creative journey. I'm looking forward to this so much...!

4 comments:

  1. This grouping so lovely and so representative of the questing soul. Really calls to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very calming. The blue's are really great. How did you come to call it Evening Prayers, Mary Ann? Angels are something I never thought much about, but this idea of angels has been presented to me several times now (by various means) in the past 2 weeks - hmmmm - something to ponder for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,Thank you for your reaction! Posting new work has an uneasiness and it sure helps to connect!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, The night blue and space images,stars, planets gave me a feeling of seeking, praying out to the Universe into more unseen life. I was once told we have 33 guides each and our angels sole purpose was to protect and keep us from harm. Nice!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete

reply